08 January 2014

Catching Up

Happy New Year! I took a few wonderful weeks off for the holidays and am ready to pick things up full speed.
I've just got to say that Santa is the MAN. He had this beauty waiting for me to pick up at Dave's Bernina in St. George. It's the 550 Quilter's Edition and I have been drooling over it for some time now. 
It goes without saying that I am DYING to use it! I haven't had a chance yet because I'm trying to assemble the dollhouse kit that Santa left for Olive.
It's turning out to be pretty "scrumptious," don't you think? It's left my house in ruins, though so I'm anxious to finish it asap.
I love the New Year and the opportunity to make new goals and also reflect on the ones from the previous year. I really try to make goals I know I will stick to, so last year I joked that my resolution was to have a baby. (Lorenzo was born two weeks later. Ha.) I didn't say it aloud, but I also made a mental goal to whip my fabric sketches into good enough shape to submit. I reached that goal in September and as you know, Moda said yes! What a year!
In 2014, I've decided my goal is to catch up on every unfinished project I've got sitting around. Luckily, that's only a handful of projects, so I feel that it's a realistic goal. 
First up is the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Block of the Month project from 2012. I've only got 6 of the blocks sewn together, and since I'm doubling up on them (and adding one) I've got 19 more to go!
Have you made any sewing or quilting-related resolutions for 2014?

13 comments:

  1. Yes, to make my grandson a quilt for his birthday in March. I also want to do these mystery blocks!
    Love your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To try and find my style...right now i like many different things and have bought fabrics that do not complement each other. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started hand-quilting my Farmers Wife Quilt. I made good progress, but it's currently on its way to Brazil. Thankfully, it's in our air-shipment, which will arrive 2 weeks after we do. My sewing machine is also in that shipment, but none of my other fabric will arrive for 3-4 more months. I'm hoping that with the temptation of new projects out of the way, I'll really focus on finishing that. I love how it's turning out so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mad woman :) I love the look of hand-quilting but don't have the patience to do it. Can't wait to see it.

      Delete
  4. I need to finish my FQS BOM from 2012 too :). I'm glad I'm not the only one behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I thought I was probably the last person on Earth to put mine together.

      Delete
  5. I was just working on my 2012 FQS BOM today. I have several quilt tops done that I need to quilt, but I'm with you on finishing some projects... too bad all my favorite bloggers and instagrammers keep posting pics making me want to start 7 new projects.

    Thanks also for the tip about the new year resolution. I'm due with our third in another couple weeks, so I'll be sure to make that down as an accomplishment when it happens:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I too would like to find my style of quilting, I have the same issue as handmadeby EvaRose. also where did you get that fabulous dollhouse kit?? I want one for my 4.5 year old A`yala. Thanks, Sigal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished cutting all the fabric for the 2012 Designers' BOM last night! I started on Jan 2 and got two blocks made, and since then I have been grabbing bits of time to cut the pieces for the rest of the blocks. It's so nice to know that I can sit down and sew on it to my heart's content once I find the next block of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just finished cutting all the fabric for the 2012 Designers' BOM last night! I started on Jan 2 and got two blocks made, and since then I have been grabbing bits of time to cut the pieces for the rest of the blocks. It's so nice to know that I can sit down and sew on it to my heart's content once I find the next block of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dollhouse - can't wait to see your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh - forgot to say that I also have a 550qe and looooove it :). Happy sewing!

      Delete